Distracted driving has become a major issue not only significantly increasing car accidents but also auto related deaths. More than ever drivers are having trouble staying focused on the road, instead choosing to look at their cell phones. While behind the wheel, it is important to be constantly aware of your actions and the actions of others on the roads with you.
States have laws to help protect drivers against texting and driving, but we can also do our part as well. So, what can we do?
- Take responsibility for ourselves while also encouraging others to be responsible as well.
- Turn your cell phone off or put it out of reach while driving
- Put your phone on silent or “Do Not Disturb”
- Download an app that prevents you from texting while driving or texts people back that you are currently driving
- Pull over to a safe place on the side of the road if you must send a message or answer
- Use a hands-free device such as Bluetooth.
Practice safe driving and take advantage of a few of the ideas above. Life is too precious to sacrifice over a text message. Contact us today if you have questions or need tips on your auto insurance coverages. The agents at Fidelity Insurance Service can help evaluate your auto insurance needs.